Sunday, February 10, 2008

Julie Delpy

I watched 2 Days in Paris this weekend, a film written and directed as well as starring Julie Delpy. I really like her and find her naturally dynamic. I thought the film itself was very Woody Allen meets Before Sunrise. Movies I like but I can't say I loved this one, I did enjoy certain endearing scens especially the last two but as a whole film, it didn't go the distance for me. Anyways, the movie reminded me of a charming list that Deply wrote that I ripped out of Esquire months back and stuck on my fridge.

Julie Delpy- 8 Things You Don't Know About Women

1. We need you to be reachable at all times, but we don't always pick up our phones when you call. We realize this seems like a double standard; if you'd like to discuss it further, just leave a message.

2. We only want to date men who can troubleshoot computers. The broken laptop is the leaky faucet of the twenty-first century.

3. We avoid players and womanizers, but sometimes when we're single, we'll have sex with one just to remind ourselves how unsatisfying it is.

4. Next time you have to buy your girlfriend a gift, make it a season of Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD. The surest way to a woman's heart is Larry David.

5. As far as romance goes, we'd rather be whisked away to the bedroom in the afternoon than to Paris in the springtime.

6. A serious scientific study has proven that women think 50 percent more than men, and 90 percent of that extra 50 percent is spent thinking about sex.

7. The study was of French women.

8. On invente occasionnellement des statistiques pour montrer que l'on a raison.

No comments: