Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oscars

I have LOVED the Oscars ever since I was little, everything from watching all the movies up until the show, the red carpet and the usually anti climatic show itself. Tomorrow is the day!

My Oscar Musings:
Actor in a Lead Role: Daniel Day Lewis. period.
Actress in a Lead Role: Ellen Page (I think she might be a surprise since everyone predicts Julie Christie's win who is my personal favorite.)
Actor in Supporting Role: Javier Bardem. done.
Actress in Supporting Role: Ruby Dee (Although I want Amy Ryan or Cate Blanchett but the Academy loves to honor people with a long career and she has momentum from the Globes.)
Animated Feature Film: Ratatouille
Cinematography: No Country For Old Men (I want Assassination of Jesse James but since it's the same cinematographer, I would be happy with either)
Directing: I think the Coens will win but I would love to see Paul Thomas Anderson or Julian Schnabel take it.
Best Picture: No Country For Old Men

No comments: