Monday, February 18, 2008

Roger Deakins

I love cinematographer, Roger Deakins (I think almost as much as cinematographer Christopher Doyle). He is incredibly talented and this year he has two films that showcase this abilities better then ever, No Country For Old Men (one of my favs of the year) and The Assassination of Jesse James (watched this weekend and liked so much more then I thought). He has been nominated for 7 Oscars and been involved with countless films but these two films showcase his work better then ever, every scene is impeccably shot and lit perfectly. He will next be involved with Doubt, Revolutionary Road and Hail Caesar. There was a great article a month or so back about him in the NYT but I am having a bit of difficulty locating it so in the meantime, here is just as fascinating an interview over at And The Winner Is.

No comments: